|DANIEL DAE KIMCORONAVIRUSVIOLENCE|
Daniel Dae Kim is apparently on the road to recovery from COVID-19. He posted an updated status today on Instagram that referenced “the medicines that helped me recover” and thanked fans for their support.
TheHawaii Five-O and Lost alum previously said that he tested positive for the coronavirus and talked about his experience in a 10-minute video posted on social media.
In the clip, the actor and producer said — after joking about his “quarantine chic” appearance: “I wanted to let you know that yesterday I tested positive for COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus.” He went on to give background about his diagnosis, including noting that he was in New York filming NBC's New Amsterdam, “where, ironically, I play a doctor who gets recruited to a hospital to help patients during a flu epidemic.”
Deadline reported this month that was joining the NBC's drama as the new head trauma surgeon. His character will be introduced in April 7 episode “Pandemic.”
NBC and New Amsterdam producer Universal TV sent a memo to the cast and crew informing them of Kim's diagnosis as soon as they were made aware of it.
Kim went on to say that he left the set when the show shut down production and headed back home to Hawaii. “As the flight was close to landing,” Kim said, “I started noticing some scratchiness in my throat. ... To be safe, when I got home I quarantined myself in a room in the house and tried to rest on my own. But later that night, I started feeling tightness in my chest, body aches and my temperature started to rise, so [my doctor] then told me to get tested.”
He added that the next day he went to a drive-through testing facility that had just opened in Honolulu and was told he'd have the results back in three days. It was the only time he has left his home since returning to Hawaii. “I self-isolated the entire time.” He said he was prescribed some medication from his personal doctor and didn't go to a hospital. “But with the help of the medication and bed rest and liquids and, of course, my loving family, I didn't need to.”
Fox Business Network has severed ties with primetime host Trish Regan, who sparked controversy after claiming that the ongoing coronavirus pandemic was an “impeachment scam” around two weeks ago.
“Fox Business has parted ways with Trish Regan,” the network said in a statement. “We thank her for her contributions to the network over the years and wish her continued success in her future endeavors. We will continue our reduced live primetime schedule for the foreseeable future in an effort to allocate staff resources to continuous breaking news coverage on the coronavirus crisis.”
The network's decision stemmed from an early March segment on “Trish Regan Primetime,” the television host's now-defunct show, where Regan told a multitude of lies about the virus. Regan alleged that Democrats were singularly blaming President Donald Trump for the virus and that Democrats and left-wingers had a “need to create mass hysteria to encourage a market selloff” and “stop the economy,” all while a large graphic titled “CORONAVIRUS IMPEACHMENT SCAM” was displayed onscreen.
Regan announced that her show had been placed on hiatus on March 13, the day she hosted her final show. Regan is one of several Fox personalities and guests who have recently lied and downplayed the dangers of the coronavirus pandemic.
Fox News host Jeanine Pirro downplayed the virus' deadliness in early March, while network host Laura Ingraham, who previously taunted school shooting survivor David Hogg, then 17, for getting rejected from colleges, promoted unproven drugs in response to the pandemic. Sean Hannity previously referred to the coronavirus as a “hoax.” Conservative personality and university heir Jerry Falwell Jr. recently promoted a conspiracy theory on Fox and Friends that the coronavirus was co-created by North Korea and China to assault the United States and, like Regan, suggested that media coverage of the pandemic was politically motivated.
Though Regan's comments about the coronavirus generated particularly strong pushback, they weren't the first time that the television host had generated controversy. Regan's prior segments included accusations that Christine Blasey Ford’s sexual assault claims against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh were politically motivated and a suggestion that Ilhan Omar D-Minnesota — a favorite target for racist attacks by Trump and other prominent conservatives — was antisemitic.
Regan, who joined Fox in 2015, also aired a variety of interviews with conspiracy theorist Jerome Corsi, who has actively promoted the birther conspiracies about President Barack Obama's citizenship, during her time at the network.
“I have enjoyed my time at FOX and now intend to focus on my...