It Chapter 2 was a wild ride that featured murderous clowns, lepers, menacing Paul Bunyan statues, a web of decades-old secret crushes, and one very cute Pomeranian. And though the film was nearly three hours long, it didn't clear up absolutely everything. So here are our biggest questions.
1. So what are It's motives? Did It ever have an overarching plan?
2. Why does It just terrorize the Loser's Club instead of actually killing them when It had multiple opportunities over the course of a three hour movie to kill each person separately?
3. Is this film simply about a lonely clown looking for an audience for his hilarious gags?
4. Is Pennywise a legitimately funny and good clown?
5. Where the f*ck are the cops all this time?
6. So, Mike made friends with some native people who took drugs to understand how to kill It?
7. But their ancient ritual didn't actually work?
8. Why was that part of the plot necessary at all?
9. Did they not even need the tokens either?
10. Why didn't these native people ever tell anyone about It?
11. Where did their plan come from? Did their ancient ritual never try to just insult the sad clown to death?
12. Since all of this stuff about the native people and the weird urn Mike carried around wasn't in the book are we just supposed to piece this all together with our own imaginations?
13. Why does Pennywise have such low self esteem? You'd think centuries of terrorizing communities would have boosted his confidence.
14. How did the Losers manage to forget almost everything about Derry except for their long-held secret crushes?
15. And if they forgot everything until they arrived in Derry, how did Stan manage to send them all letters?
16. So the people who run the restaurant where they had their reunion were just cool with them trashing the place?
17. Why didn't anyone seem to work at their hotel?
18. So they stopped Pennywise, but did the murderous homophobes just get off scot-free?
19. Pennywise called himself the “eater of worlds,” but doesn't he mostly just eat kids?
20. How did Eddie manage to stay alert and chatty for so long after getting fully impaled?
21. So the surviving Losers all get a happy ending except Richie's seemingly still closeted and now the man he loves is dead?
22. Is he going to write his own jokes now or what?
23. Henry Bowers survives a stab wound to the gut and jumping out a window, but Richie can kill him in about two seconds?
30. Did no one notice the house randomly collapsing into nothingness? How do they explain how one of their close friends got murdered? How the escaped Henry Bowers was murdered? Wouldn't the follow-up for this movie be all of them on trial for the mysterious death of Henry and Eddie? You'd imagine that they'd all be prime suspects in a murder trial with no real or believable answers.